TERMS OF REFERENCE
Expression of Interest: Inception Workshop Facilitator
The Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (FCPF) was launched in 2007 as a result of strong interest of developing countries in REDD, and a clear demand from both industrialized and developing country governments for a mechanism that would help forested countries reduce emissions from deforestation and forest degradation and conduct demonstration activities to show how REDD could be implemented. The Facility has since become a global partnership of governments, businesses, civil society and indigenous peoples (IPs), with its main focus being laying the ground for future REDD+ activities, and piloting performance-based payment systems.
In this regard, FCPF has competitively selected MPIDO to implement a project aimed at strengthening the knowledge of the targeted forest-dependent indigenous peoples of REDD+ readiness at the National level and the knowledge exchange at the regional level. MPIDO was selected as an implementing organization based on its capacity to implement project activities and its credibility at the regional level to address issues related to forestry, climate change and REDD+. The project is implemented between June 2016 and June 2018 with FCPF funding.
It is in this context, MPIDO seeks a qualified person to serve as a Facilitator for the Program Inception Workshop in Accra, Ghana from the 24th to the 25th September 2016 under the following terms:
1. Availability to travel to Ghana so as to be available on the said dates.
2. Technical expertise and experience in Workshop facilitation at regional and international level with special focus on Indigenous peoples and climate change.
3. Professional report writing skills.
The role of the facilitator will be to guide the workshop sessions towards delivering the expected results of the workshop which are as follows:
1. Constraints and opportunities for Forest-dependent Indigenous peoples and civil society organizations involvement in REDD+ processes at national levels.
2. Sustainable partnerships and related capacity strengthening requirements for effective engagement of Forest-dependent Indigenous peoples and civil society organizations in the REDD+ process at all levels.
3. Effective training and information sharing with the selected sub-grantees to ensure efficient implementation of the Program activities.
The expected outputs are:
• A well-managed and coherent workshop resulting in the effective delivery of the Workshop expectations.
• A professional done workshop report summarizing the process and the main outcomes of the Workshop.
• Prepare presentations for the workshops as will be requested.
The facilitator will propose a method for facilitating the workshop which will be validated by MPIDO.
Qualification and Experience
The Facilitator should have the following expertise:
1. At least Five years’ experience in facilitating workshops;
2. A proof of knowledge of the REDD+ process and requirements.
3. Fluency in either English or French. Fluency in both languages is an advantage
4. Post-graduate training.
Female applicants are highly encouraged
Duration of engagement
A total of 4 days will be assigned to the facilitator. 1 day will be used for preparing the assignment; 2 days for facilitation; and 1 day for preparing the report.
Presentation of offer:
Applicants should submit the following documents in either French or English to the following email address: email@example.com not later than 1700HRS EAT, 2nd September 2016:
1. A letter of motivation
2. A brief description of the methods that will be used to facilitate the workshop
3. Financial offer indicating cost per day in US Dollars.
4. Three references of previous facilitation exercise with costs.